Thursday, January 12, 2012

STUDENTS, TEACHERS, EVERYONE - Mistakes are the beginning of discovery

From http://thingsihavelearnedinmylife.com/
One year ago, the people at The Science of Learning Blog published an article about taking advantage of mistakes. Far from being a problem, since humans (at least most of us) learn from our mistakes, class errors should be seen as something advantageous by everyone. Here's an excerpt of the article:


For a moment, suspend your image of the classroom where statements like “I must always get the right answer” represent the mindset. Instead, imagine a classroom designed around statements such as:
  • “While I will learn by studying and listening, I will learn the most by doing.”
  • “I will demonstrate my abilities through successes, but I will learn through my mistakes.”
  • “Mistakes are a way for me to get feedback so I can do it right the next time.”
  • “This classroom is a safe place where I am encouraged to try, to experiment, to fail and to use those failures to learn even more.”
Click here if you want to read the whole text.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly send me your comments. I'll publish them as soon as I can.